TEACHER TRAINING COURSE (TTC)
Teacher Training – in Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha, Mambo, Zumba, Kizomba etc
Have you ever dreamed of starting a career in Dance? The course will give you a foundation of teaching skills in the entertainment industry of Salsa Dance. We run our training in West / Central London, Surrey, Berks, Bucks and surrounding counties, we can also travel across Europe on specific assignments. We understand that very trainee is different, depending on experience, ability, targets, availability, etc. Hence we customise all our Teacher Training Courses to suit the individual. To give you an idea of the basic structure of the course, please see info below.
3 types of courses to choose from
Option 1: Weekend Intensive Program 12 Hours
Option 2: Two Week Intensive Program. 40 Hours Training over a 2 week period
Option 3: Four Week Full-Time Training Program. Course will be approximately 80 Hours of training spread over 4 weeks.
Each program will be specifically designed around the individual.
You will learn: The principles of teaching, Terminology, Communication skills, Organisational skills of structuring movement patterns and classes, Musical understanding, History of salsa, Different styles of salsa and Latin American dances.
A good teaching programme will encourage the development of a number of skills, and still appear simple to the student at the same time. With this in mind, the structure of the course aims to produce individuals who at the completion of it, should have some form of:
Musicality – understanding timing and instruments
Footwork – knowledge of basic step patterns
Partnership – lead and or following, partner empathy
Dance vocabulary – the terminology of dance teaching
Understanding – experience of salsa and Latin dance
The typical Teacher Training Course will include
- One-2-One Personalised Lessons
- Practical time assisting private lessons & group lessons.
- Multiple Assignments and Practical Tests with 2 external guest teachers.
- History of Salsa. Musical understanding of Instruments and Timing.
- Study of different techniques and styles: On1 Crossbodu, New York On2 Style, Cuban, L. A.
- Study of different Latin American Dances: Mambo, Cha Cha, Merengue, Rumba, Bachata.
- Complete Audio package for Teaching – several CD’s containing explanation of timing and instruments and more.
- Class Structure and Syllabus for: Beginners and Improvers (for Intermediate level only with previous experience).
- Training in how to organize and teach a Salsa Course for beginner and improvers students.
- Learning the lead and follow of a comprehensive step list for teaching beginner, improver salsa classes
- Spins technique for male and female.
- Styling tips for male and female.
- Marketing strategies for your own Business.
- Testing and inspection of participant with external teachers.
- Certificate upon successful completion of each level
Certificate by IDC
We provide an official IDC International Certificate recognised globally. Confirming different stages of your training as a Dance Instructor, verifying your training and experience.
Feedback from a Highly experienced teacher/dancer ideally with a professional Dance training
Dedication, practice and will.
After your training: you are required to have insurance liability and CRB check
Practical Experience: You are required to have at least 1 year of Dancing Salsa-any styles to do your teacher’s training.
Gain experience: After the training you are requested to do 10 hrs of practice before you gain your Certificate. You may assist teaching group lessons and also one to one. So you will gain EXPERIENCE which is essential for your teaching.
You will also be invited in taking part and assist in any IDC /Corporate Events and parties if you are in London.
We are always looking for teachers to be part of Incognito Dance Company team